Monday, May 4, 2009

Starting to Play!


Riley's Week 3 Photos

This week Riley started to play on her own and have some fun, which is exciting not only for her but for me, since it gives me a chance to put her down during the day outside of naptimes! With a trip to Babies R Us and a generous hand-me-down from our neighbor Silver, Riley has a new playmat and an amazing new mobile for her crib. The most entertaining toy, however, proved to be the mirror we put in her crib...when I put her down for some tummy time in front of it she lay for an entire 20 minutes staring at her reflection (what can we say, she knows a cute kid when she sees one!!).

The most exciting part of Riley's alertness is knowing that this is only the beginning of all of her "firsts" and Ramsey and I will get to watch and wait as she grows day by day right in front of our eyes!

This week also included a visit from our good friends Rajeev and Elita, Marilyn, and Riley's Aunt Mariam and Uncle Vincent. It has been so much fun to introduce her to the people in our lives for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. What can I say, I am not exactly neutral as her Tete but Riley just makes me light up all inside every time I see a new picture of her. What a joy she is bringing to the lives of all those that love her so much. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful and healthy new addition to the family and the world. Love Tete

    ReplyDelete